Monday, March 31, 2008

Yohannes Shares... DO IT WHOLEHEARTEDLY

It’s been a long time since the last time I wrote here... Well, that’s all because I’ve been so busy with tasks and mid semester exams... But, Praise God, it’s been finished triumphantly. Hehehe… well, I want to share my QT from Joshua 13-22. … 9 chapters… yes! Because I got a lot of time to spend with God this morning… well, that was worth it...

I got a very nice share here… those chapters told me a lot about the land of Canaan division… Joshua divided that land among Israel tribe. What is interesting here is that God commanded Israel to destroy Canaanites; no one could be left alive.

Joshua 11:20 For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.
But… what Israel actually did?

Joshua 15:63 as for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.
16:10 and they drove not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.
17:12 yet the children of Manasseh could not drive out the inhabitants of those cities; but the Canaanites would dwell in that land.
17:13 yet it came to pass, when the children of Israel were waxen strong, that they put the Canaanites to tribute, but did not utterly drive them out.

Now, we know that those people had been a stumbling block for Israel to follow God’s Word…

Judges 2:1 And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.
Judges 2:2 and ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?
Judges 2:3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

What I learned here is… “Don’t do God’s will partially. Do His words wholeheartedly, because those are the best for us." He knows what the best for us. There is no one like Him who cares about our future more than our parents do. Well, I believe our parents really plan a great future for us, but they do it because they are used by God to give that future. God is the brain behind all those wonderful things. Now, what do we want to say about it? Give thanks.

Now, let’s be back to Joshua 13-22. I’ve got a lot of God promises this 3 months for we in Indonesia had a topic in Sunday Service about His Promises. We learned that God never break His promises to all His people. And He is still the same in the past, present, and forever. We can read it in Joshua 21: 43-45.


Joshua 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he swore to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Joshua 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he swore unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Joshua 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.


Even though Israel did God’s words partially, God still do His part. He fulfilled His promise to the ancestors of Israel. He never forgets His promise. That’s what makes me thankful of Him. But, it doesn’t mean that we could play Him. NO! These words mean not to doubt Him, even when we are in a middle of a grave trouble. We must keep His promise, that He never leaves us alone to solve the problems. If we keep our faith to walk, there would be a way. Amen.

Perhaps that’s all I can share today. I am doing my best to invite other campus’ers to send their e-mail, but it’s hard because not all of us like to write our quite time in computer. Most write it in personal notes. For me, I like both: in my notes and my computer. Well, thanks Bro Sis for your supports. God bless u all. Jesus loves u all. And me of course… hehehehe…^^

No comments: